Friday 14 September 2007

1 week to go

Ok, at precisely this time next week we will officially be on the behemoth with wings. I only have 4 working days to go before i leave this sceptred isle for something altogether more exotic. To say i am excited is a bit of an understatement. For the benefit of the groom, i now have 1 minute of top quality best man speech penned. If he wants me to fill 15 minutes, i am happy to repeat it a few times, although by the tenth reading, i suspect that the audience might not be laughing at the joke about the chickens!!! :D

There has been more progress on getting things before the holiday.....i have purchased a laptop for my travels, which is what i am writing this blog on at the moment. It is swanky and lightweight and I hope it will make me look like a budding travel writer while i make my way around Asia.

I have also managed to get my anti-malarial tablets, £40 for 16 pills is somewhat expensive, and reminds me of my student days, but compared to the alternative of raging fevers for months, they are a necessary purchase.

Now, all that remains for me to get is -

Suitcase (quite important that one)
Shoes for wedding (i am getting worse than Imelda Marcos!!)
Sandals (see what i mean)
Satchel (for carrying around gadgets)
Shorts (i mean combats)
Some other things i cant thing of right now.....

Still i have a week to go, which is plenty of time!!:D

2 comments:

Cannar Wilm said...

I think there are a few extra things you should get.

Long White Socks (For the sandals)
A nice soft toilet roll (For the squits)
Another soft toilet toll (You can't be too careful)

Have a great time Mousey.

G

Unknown said...

I can officially say that the purchase of said items listed is pretty much sorted, due to a mad dash around Cambridge and Milton Keynes at the weekend :D