Saturday 29 September 2007

The tour begins......tomorrow

This is my last day in Langkawi for a couple of weeks (i have to return here to avoid racking up some missed flight charges by the airline taking me home). I am going with Sam to Kuala Lumpur and so that means i can see her off back to Lond0n and then start on the tour proper.

Last night she gave me my birthday pressie (not that!!), which is completely brilliant. At some point in the near future i get to go into the woods with some birds and have a bit of fun!! OK, it is a falconry day - where i get to have Peregrines landing on my arm and flying of to catch food. To say i am a little excited about this is an understatement, especially after seeing those eagles earlier in the day!!

Today has been a day of shopping for gifts and generally tying up some loose ends. I have just booked into the KL Hilton for tomorrow (how posh am i?), as it will be from that city i will take a train down into Singapore (6 hour train ride should get those creative juices flowing). Beofre going though, i am hoping to pop into the Petronas and KL towers just to tick them off the tourist list.

I am sort of minded to go and see orangutans in the wild by nipping over to Borneo, but this would be a deviation from a fairly smooth tour. Not sure yet, but this is a good reason not to plan ahead, as if i had, i would not have that option!

OK, that is all for now, speak to you all in Kuala Lumpur.

No comments: